About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a QUANTITY SURVEYOR to join our Major Projects team to work in Watford.
Project is Old Oak Common
What you'll be doing
- Support the Commercial Management of the Works Packages.
As a QUANTITY SURVEYOR, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- All duties required by the commercial department or project team, to ensure successful setup and running of the Old Oak Common Project in compliance with all company standards;
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value;
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget;
- Ensure that necessary interface information between customer, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner;
- Monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner;
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Valid CSCS card are required;
- A minimum of a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management;
- Ideally have experience within a related environment;
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.y to work and live permanently in the UK;
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Knowledge of construction techniques;
- Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects;
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.