The role & responsibilites
Responsible for the recruitment of our Early Careers programmes, account management of external suppliers to deliver against resourcing needs and provide an exceptional experience for the business and the candidate.
What are we looking for?
- Responsible for all Graduate, Apprentice and Placement recruitment across Amey, working closely with our HR colleagues and Business Unit Managers
- Oversee and develop project plans to improve the delivery of Resourcing and work with divisional peers and the centres of expertise where there are common goals
- Responsible for high volume levels of early careers recruitment
- Manage a third-party provider to deliver best practice resourcing service
- Manage and monitor the performance of your team, monitoring key KPIs and SLAs (Time to hire, Cost per hire, Diversity of hires and Quality of hires) and action appropriately when SLAs are not met.
- Supports the business to achieve critical resourcing challenges by developing key attraction and talent pooling strategies in line with agreed budgets.
- Works with the business to develop and implement work force plans and produce resource plans to support the required targets
- Embed the Amey employer value proposition (EVP) into all areas of the recruitment process
- Extensive experience working within an internal Recruitment function ideally focusing on Early Careers recruitment
- Solid knowledge of resource planning, recruitment sourcing techniques and how to use them within Early Careers
- Experience in volume Early Careers recruitment
- Proven knowledge & experience in running assessment centres and gaining relationships with universities
- Strong focus on providing an exceptional experience for both candidates and recruiting managers
- Experience in designing, managing and running assessment centres
- Experience in negotiating and influencing objections from both stakeholders and candidates.
- Demonstrable experience of driving down the cost per hire and reducing time to fill/aged roles.
- Experience of managing external supplier relationships
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a small team of recruiters
- Previous budget management experience is desirable
- Preferably qualified in use of psychometrics (BPS Level A & B) with strong experience of behavioural based interviewing & assessment, but not essential
- Ability to use management information to inform decision making in the team and wider business
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
Electronic Voice Phenomenon