Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to manage projects in the Edinburgh area.
The projecs are PRS/BTR and Student Accommodation sites, valued between £30M and £50M. If you have experience of managing and delivering successfully multiple accommodation units on time and confident in handing over with minimal after-care then we would like you to apply.
The successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role in project procurement and the effective management and delivery of major, high value, quality residential Project(s) safely, on time, within budget and to the required specification (including after care). This includes the management of staff from all disciplines to build strong, customer focused teams in addition to the development of sound professional working relationships with Clients, Designers and Trade Contractors.
You will also comply with all policies and procedures contained in the Business Management System (BMS) and make consistent use of the guidelines, processes, checklists and forms contained within it.
Working with bid teams to input on win strategies, buildability, risk management and programme in response to client requirements.
Ensure that the Contracted Project Works are completed safely, to the specified quality, within or better than the contract programme and contract budget with a focus on good client relationships.
- Form part on a winning bid team to support construction deliverables and win strategies
- Assist and provide technical and financial input to tender submissions for new work
- Manage the day to day liaison with external supply chain, consultants and customers
- Assist and provide input to all financial aspects of the project and to ensure that the maximum service is provided whilst maintaining and striving to improve profitability of the project
- Maintain and enforce safety standards as required by statute and the company's safety policies and ensure all company and statutory sustainability and environmental requirements are implemented
- Responsible for all production aspects of the project from Contract Award to Completion of Making Good Defects Certificate including EOD liability period sign off
- Ensure that effective commercial control is exercised, ensuring that project profitability is optimised and is fully compliant with the Business Management System.
- Prepare and present clear and accurate reports both internally and to the client
- Ensure that effective relationships with all external parties, including customers, consultants and supply chain are maintained and enhanced and that the project is delivered in accordance with the company's Partnering ethos
- Provide staff within reporting line with required training and development, including conducting regular performance reviews
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects.
- You will have significant experience of multi-site projects of values over £30million.
- You will hold (or be moving towards) a professional qualification HNC, ONC or equivalent.
- Have the ability to work as part of and lead a team
- Applicants must have experience of managing Client's staff and sub-contractors and all aspects of the build process
- Be an excellent communicator
- You will be able to understand and interpret the design and specs fully and ensure that their team complies and implements. Non conformance/poor performance to be identified and addressed.
- Be a strong leader, well organised and motivates.
- You will be academically qualified, but can come from a trade background. Have membership to a professional body would be an advantage
Project decision making authority in conjunction with the line manager and QS.
Drive consistency utilizing best practices in the construction execution across all projects;
Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic and conflict resolution skills.
Able to work with all levels of employees from senior management to subcontractors
Relationships and Communication
Ability to lead ,communicate effectively and motivate teams of professional staff
Resource appropriately and drive capability and performance within a project team
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Morrison Construction is part of GallifordTry group of companies and is Scotland’s leading contractor with works across health, education, defence and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Our extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables us to understand our clients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Complex Problem Solving