Intern positions include: Engineering, Field Engineering (mechanical or civil), Cost Engineering, Safety Engineering, Estimating, Finance/Accounting, and Equipment/Maintenance. What You'll Do:
We're Looking For:
- Coordinates project activities with direct supervision from Project and/or Operations Manager;
- Performs accounting activities with assistance;
- Performs estimating functions as requested with assistance;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects;
- Knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra);
- Computer skills (MS Office, HCSS, CGC, etc);
- Ability to perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, clients, subcontractors and other third parties;
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules and project budgets and to identify changes and discrepancies;
- Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner in both written and verbal form;
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills’
- Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance;
- Working towards bachelors in Construction Management, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field or equivalent through experience
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Skanska’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2019 by Forbes.