We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel. What is the purpose of this role?
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
We have a management role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be leading a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
39 hours (some weekend work will be required) What will this role involve?
- Assist in and lead the delivery of a range of facilities services to the prison in line with contractual commitments. Compliance focussed.
- Assist in the day to day running of the Estate managing a team of building engineer (Electricians, Plumbers, Joiners etc), Stores People and Cleaners whilst working with contractors on site.
- Help to maintain standards as set out in the Service Level Agreement.
- Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management ensuring quick resolution.
- Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, contractors, premises, and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices at all times.
- Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Undertake role in a professional and safe manner at all times.
- Carry out team briefings.
- Check and sign timesheets in accordance with procedures.
- Provides support for the safe and efficient operation of the premises.
What are we looking for?
- Ensure all requirements are met through liaising with HMPS management to receive and manage expectations.
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview
- Previous experience of working within the Facilities/Estate management arena.
- Must be technically qualified. Level 3 trade qualification minimum.
- Facilities Management qualifications are advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Must have experience in CAFM, IT, Customer service.
- Team management, working on own initiative, understand deadlines and priority.
- Understand compliance and legislation.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Management of engineers, dealing with customer and client.
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
What makes this role unique?
- Good communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity to progress in your Facilities Management career.