The Area Operations Manager will serve in a critical leadership role in Louis Berger Services’, Inc. (LBS) practice in the state of Florida. The Area Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the project. The Area Operations Manager will serve as a leader in transportation safety, quality, schedule, cost, and performance.
*This position is contingent upon award of contract.*
• Development of asset management focused monthly maintenance work plans.
• Day-to-day oversight of the company’s maintenance operations to include resource allocation, activity scheduling, workload prioritization, issue resolution, customer service, and FDOT client interface.
• Oversight of personnel and subcontractors in the performance of operations and maintenance activities.
• Compliance with the FCA, Florida DOT standards and specifications, and reporting requirements.
• Completion of deliverables and reporting requirements in accordance with the FCA to include preparing of monthly & quarterly reports.
• Ownership and implementation of the company safety program to include updating the company safety plan, safety training, regulatory compliance, and promoting the overall safe operation and culture of the company.
• Implementation of the critical asset management system.
• Updating the Facility Management Plan on an as needed basis, but no less than annually.
• Assist Engineering with development of annual renewal works plan and Capital Expenditures (CapEx) forecast
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field strongly preferred. A master’s degree in business administration or engineering with a Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
• 15 years of progressive experience in tolling operations, transportation maintenance, engineering, or construction role. Experience in a state or local transportation agency or private toll authority preferred, DOT a plus.
• Five (5) years of demonstrated experience with regional or statewide maintenance and operations responsibility. Toll experience or awareness is preferred.
• Experience as an organizational leader with successful track record of successfully leading teams in the performance of operations and maintenance activities.
• Demonstrated experience in a broad range of responsibilities to include public involvement, program and project development, budgeting and management systems.
• Understand and abide by ethical behavior and integrity standards, per Louis Berger’s Code of Business Conduct.