Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
For more than 28 years our adventurous spirit has driven us to do things better and drive change through our industry. We have helped shape cities around the world. Mace is now a £2.35bn company, operating in 21 sectors from five global hubs across consultancy and construction, inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. We champion people, whether as individuals or teams. Our people constantly strive for better and always go that extra mile, inspiring each other and clients to innovate. We challenge convention, apply a can-do attitude and are committed to quality and service excellence.
Be a part of our cost consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.The opportunity
Senior Cost Consultant - Healthcare
At Mace, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about cost and commercial management. Our London office is looking to recruit a chartered senior cost consultant with healthcare sector experience who can deliver on our continued growth plans for the region.Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting feasibility studies, advising on procurement strategies and contract selection, writing and undertaking procurement reports.
- Applying the value management techniques at the outset of a project.
- Managing, estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Being a key interface with client, stakeholders and other consultants at all project stages.
- Handling of contractual frameworks and standard form of contract.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates, products and hence improve the services provided to the clients.
- Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
You have a degree in quantity surveying or cost management and a professional member of RICS. You have cost planning, budgeting and estimating experience. You have knowledge of contract law and contractual frameworks relating to construction. You have experience and knowledge of value engineering and life cycle costing. You have an understanding of the issues in sustainability, social value, carbon reduction impacting the public sector.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You are expert in Capex v Opex cost analysis/advice. You will have a cost consultancy experience within a healthcare, pharmaceutical and education clients/background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”