San Diego, CA 92128 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Position Description: Supervises the field construction of a project,including its organization, planning, and scheduling, in order to complete the work on time, within budget, and to quality specified.
Reports To: Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Primary liaison with owners/ architects/ engineers for the day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Lead, supervising and developing all Turner field staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote and coordinate project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and Turner trade staff.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Perform in the capacity of Stormwater Compliance Coordinator (SCC) in accordance with Turner's Stormwater Compliance Program.
- Manage the General Conditions and General Requirements (Back Page) for the project to maintain budget.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Bachelor’sDegree plus minimum of four years’ leading field operations with a largegeneral contractor or major subcontractor in the commercial constructionindustry.
- Experience supervising a team of field personnel.
- Ability to communicate and develop a relationship with clients.
- Prior project experience with healthcare projects with volumes of $25M+.
- Project experience with acute care hospital construction in California (OSHPD 1 and/or OSHPD 3). Familiarity with change document approval process and experience working with District Structural Engineer (DSE)/Area Compliance Officer (ACO). Knowledge of the field inspection process (IOR) and required documentation to support inspections.
- Knowledge of unique hospital infrastructure or construction: medical gas, medical equipment, imaging room, operating rooms, medical surgical rooms or similar.
- Project experience with Medical Office Buildings, Ambulatory Surgical Centers or Radiation Oncology (MRI) Buildings.
Additionalqualifications: Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general andsubcontract documents, drawings, specifications, construction means, methodsand materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods. Knowledge ofconstruction cost control and basic accounting procedures. Computer skills anda familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs. Ability to implementleading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project.Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with theability to communicate well bothverbally and in writing. Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climbpermanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists,ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specificvision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision,depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools orcontrols, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc), stand, climb, balance,stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move upto 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places;fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned. Whereapplicable, all activities will include disabled and veterans’ organizations.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor