About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Regional team to work at the Midland Metropolitan Hospital, Smethwick.
What you'll be doing
- To support the overall implementation of the engineering strategy and framework for the designated project.
As an Engineer you will:
Who we're looking for
- Support the senior project team in the overall implementation of the engineering strategy and framework for the designated project;
- Manage materials, plant and labour within the allocated budget and resources, ensuring their safe, effective and efficient delivery of service on the project;
- Ensure all systems, design information, procedures and quality systems are effectively communicated;
- Support the project delivery teams, verifying the work of others, providing technical support;
- Lead or support assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern, including matters relating to safety, finance or quality;
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant customers including technical consultants and suppliers, managing their input in the design, development, pricing and delivery of technical solutions on site;
- Maintain personal expertise and knowledge to ensure that the company is at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards;
- Provide coaching and motivation to the project team, to deliver high performance on the project and create a culture of continuous improvement;
- Ensure that the engineering is efficiently managed so that it is fit for purpose from conception right through installation and maintenance; recognising site conditions and constraints and taking into account CDM, other statutory regulations and customer requirements;
- Ensure the efficient operation of procurement, material control policies and procedures; providing assistance in producing accurate and current procurement schedules and cost information/reports (where required);
- By using the principles of quality assurance, and where appropriate technical Integrity, ensure the customer requirements are clearly understood and that Quality Control mechanisms are in place that provide assurance that the asset and/or service delivers as designed/required;
- Contribute to the accurate and efficient provision of progress and productivity reports weekly and monthly to senior management, in accordance with company procedures;
- Provide concise and accurate feedback on project performance against estimate to the estimating function (where required);
- Seek to understand and implement the appropriate digital tool sets to support the project execution;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Personal Qualities and Experience:Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
click here to continue.-->