TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working. What is the purpose of this role?
To work closely with the AMP Managers, Construction Managers and the various NR information systems managers, ensuring the correct and timely receipt and submission of all relevant data (e.g. AMP process and track quality) to all necessary NR systems. What will this role involve?
- To provide support to the T&E team, specifically with regards to engineering data management and assurance, through both design and construction phases of all projects.
- To work towards the safe, compliant, timely, effective, and efficient undertaking of engineering works for all disciplines within the scope of T&E on TRU West.
- To work closely with the NR Integration team and associated personnel.
- To integrate with the NR Integration team.
- To promote T&E data management and assurance within the wider TRU West Alliance team.
- To assist the T&E Assurance manager with the development and implementation of processes and initiatives that are contributory to successful working practices on the TRU West Alliance.
- Responsible for managing the data input / output to the construction programme, and thereafter accountable for data aspects of the delivery of projects to programme and technical / engineering safety / compliance standards, particularly focussing on AMP completion.
- Participate with (and lead when necessary) the implementation of high-quality data assurance activities across the whole TRU West Alliance, with particular focus on AMP compliance.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, contractual, legal and special requirements.
- Provide professional and technical data management advice throughout all TRU West projects.
- Set and maintain high standards and ensure that Network Rail are satisfied with data management performance on all TRU West projects.
- To assist with the preparation and review of critical project engineering documentation (such as the AMP).
- To actively participate in, and to co-ordinate the engagement of the engineering assurance team, with external (e.g. ORR, Client) and internal (e.g. Amey and TRU West) audits.
- Embrace and control compliance with Company procedures, policies and delivery plans, as well as relevant Improvement Plans.
- Develop and drive forward innovation with regards to data management practices.
What are we looking for?
- Support Amey senior managers in their efforts to promote the wider Amey business.
- Support the Amey team in implementation of the Amey Values.
- Work collaboratively with Amey colleagues within the TRU West Alliance.
- To assist the T&E Engineering Manager with data management initiatives as necessary
- To support all CEM’s and CRE’s in their duties, where data management is a factor.
- To plan and undertake briefings and education with a view to improving data management performance and compliance across all disciplines.
- To manage the creation of all necessary data management documentation in conjunction with the relevant engineering disciplines.
- To manage the review of all necessary data management documentation
- Excellent knowledge and experience of using and downloading / updating all relevant NR data systems (e.g. Ellipse, Geogis, ENROL, CDDS)
- Standard 019 Briefing
- D&A Screening
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and manage all stakeholders
- Computer expertise – Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Outlook
- Understanding of the Railway Operating Environment
- Presentation skills, collaborative workingDesirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Experience of working multi-disciplinary projects within the railway infrastructure
- Knowledge of AMP Processes
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Health & Safety Training (NEBOSH or IOSH)
- Acceptance of Sponsorship
- Driving licence
Certified Reliability Engineer