About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a CONTRACT MANAGER - SCAPE AND THIRD PARTY WORKS to join our Living Places business unit to work in Southampton.
Leadership and accountability for the performance of a portfolio of highways maintenance and civils schemes in the South East. Customer focused responsible for relationship as well as operational management for the delivery of core planned and reactive maintenance. The role is the key customer contact and is responsible to the BB Living Place Contract Director.
Accountability for Work Winning, P&L, Safety, Quality and HR performance across all contracts and projects. Responsible for compliance to BB management systems. Role requires management of a team of planners, operations staff and operatives, administration, stores and fleet in a matrix organisation where commercial, finance, HR and deign support functionally.
What you'll be doing
Projects are valued at between GBP100,000 to GBP10,000,000 and total up to GBP20,000,000 PA
As a CONTRACT MANAGER - SCAPE AND THIRD PARTY WORKS, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- The development of and instilling a positive culture for the achievement of Zero Harm across the contracts and support BB Living Places in their improvement initiatives for Safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality
- The successful delivery of the annual budgets. Provide tangible actions to deliver stretch targets to budgeted Revenue, Profit and Cash targets improvements
- The development of a plan to meet the requirements of the UKCS Customer Focus First strategy and business improvement initiatives
- Customer engagement and managing key account relationships
- Identifying work winning opportunities and pipeline management
- Compliance with the Gated Business Lifecycle across the contract and utilisation of the Digital Briefcas
- Delivering the monthly reports and business reviews on time and to the required quality
- Managing cashflow and limiting the WIP on to ensure cash backed profit is delivered
- Succession planning and talent management. This also includes dealing with performance issues and regularly reviewing behaviours and engagement within the teams.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Health and Safety for construction and maintenance operations
- Civil and Highways experience
- Commercial management and contract administration, Term Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance Forms of Contract
- Production of monthly Cost/Value reconciliation and Periodic Project Reporting
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams across diverse geography and multiple locations
- Team building, motivation and management including Personal Development and Performance Management
- Experienced in HR processes to deal with Human Relations issues for monthly staff and weekly paid operatives
- Operational management and delivery in civils and highways or similar disciplines
- Customer Engagement and interfacing with Local Authority customers across highways maintenance activities
- Relevant qualifications at Degree level, Chartered status or practitioner level in project management or other relevant institutions
- Team player who is Trusted, Open, operates with Integrity and is Communicative
- Always willing to talk positively and collaborate relentlessly
- Able to demonstrate the ability to develop rapport with all members of the team and stakeholders across a broad range of levels and capabilities
- Able to demonstrate sound communications and decision-making skills in order to resolve matters in order to prevent disputes and able to recognise when to escalate to senior management at an early stage when additional support is required.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.