About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for Maintenance Mechanical Technician to join us to work in Dartford.
What you'll be doing
- To assist in the efficient operation of the Dartford River Crossing / M25 Tunnels by undertaking maintenance and other tasks as required by the Maintenance Supervisor
As a Maintenance Mechanical Technician you will:
Who we're looking for
- Be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor;
- Be conversant with the operation of all mechanical plant, within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels, under normal and emergency conditions and be capable of operating systems under local or remote control;
- Be able to carry out Planned Maintenance and defect repair work on a range of mechanical equipment which includes pumps, fans, pipe work etc;
- Complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets;
- Read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision;
- Carry out all type of Civil and Mechanical Maintenance work within the capacity of an Mechanical Technician with or without direct supervision;
- Carry out any work of a manual, semi-skilled or skilled nature of any type of trade description (including out of trade work) under the instructions of the Maintenance Supervisor;
- Drive various vehicles as required, including those for maintenance purposes;
- Ensure that all relevant Health & Safety requirements are met and safe working practices are adopted at all times;
- Ensure that vehicles, plant and equipment are available and maintained for safe operational use;
- Ensure that routine vehicle checks and drivers hours books are completed in accordance with company procedures;
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with policies to facilitate the early clear up of hazard/incident;
- Any other duties within the capacity of a Maintenance Technician as required by Line Managers;
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of Connect Plus Services Sustainability activities.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
- Recognised Mechanical Qualification / Apprenticeship;
- Card holder or Training will be provided if necessary in a CSCS Safety Card; MEWPS (mobile elevating working platforms) and Confined spaces;
- Routine maintenance and repairs to a wide range of equipment including pumps, fans etc;
- Practical maintenance or servicing experience on mechanical plant;
- Problem solving & fault finding with reference to maintenance manuals and drawings;
- All round experience of welding, plumbing and manufacturing items using workshop machinery;
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation;
- G39 working in the vicinity of DNO equipment.
Why work for us
- Good customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A confident and professional manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex matrix structure;
- Team player;
- A clear and thorough communication style.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Complex Problem Solving