BB Graduate Highways Digital Project Delivery Engineer – 2021 – Based in Hull
We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
To support the Highways digital team in the deployment and ongoing management of digital tools including BIM360 Field, Autodesk assemble, Navisworks. Primarily based at our regional office in Hull, working on projects throughout the UK.
Following company/client/Government standards and procedures relating to Digital and integrating into information management within the Project to deliver a successful Digital project.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
• Supporting the Highways digital team in deployment and ongoing management of digital tools
• Educating people, implementing processes and using technology during project construction phase
• Supporting with educating the project team and Supply Chain members for the use and development of the Project Information Model Graphical and Non Graphical (3D Model), and digital collaboration tools
• Supporting the Digital team to implement processes/culture/technology
• Research, develop, implement and review new ways of working which will benefit the projects by increasing efficiency, reducing cost, improving quality, sustainability and aiming for Zero Harm
• Creating files and ensuring the appropriate file attributes are captured correctly
• Producing and /or amending information in accordance with the Project SMP
• Ensuring graphical models (they produce) escalating any interfaces issues to the Interface Manager
• Ensuring all element of the Information Model are fully coordinated with each other
• Submitting information for approval in accordance with the TIDP
What we’re looking for:
• A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
• A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
• A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
• A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil Engineering (other built environment degrees will be considered)
• Ideally have previous work experience within an engineering placement
• Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
• A full, clean UK driving licence
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can expect if you continue on to become a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website [ Link removed ] and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact [ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until 19th March 2021 however, Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.