BoKlok is a residential developer, created by Skanska and Ikea that aims to offer the UK housing market with sustainable, quality homes for people on a budget. We have completed over 11,000 homes in the Nordics and in 2019 launched our UK business as part of the solution to accelerate the provision of new homes in this country. Our homes are fabricated off-site in a safe and dry environment using a smart and industrialised process. Our modular product, strong balance sheet and development skills combined make this a unique proposition for the UK.
Based in Bristol the Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial delivery of residential redevelopment schemes in the region. This is a key role where the successful candidate will have worked in a similar position for a main contractor/developer within the region
- Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and forwarded to the Commercial Manager for authorisation and storage.
- Preparing monthly CVR/CVC reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Monitor risk and opportunity schedules and manage risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes and deliver the objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of different forms of contract, specifically JCT, PFI and bespoke contracts.
- Experience of successfully delivering major housing schemes with values in excess of £10m.
- Successful applicants will ideally possess a BSc in Surveying and along with membership of a recognised construction body (CIOB, RICS).
- Experience in negotiating and agreeing both contract sums and conditions with stakeholders is also required.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: [ Email address blocked ]