New Jersey MainProject Location(s):
Somerset, NJ 08873 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
The HR Manager is responsible all aspects of Human Resources within one or more profit centers, including but not limited to employee relations, talent management, talent acquisition, and learning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Partner with senior managementto manage and communicate and administer various Human Resources policies,procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Establish and maintain ongoing connections with all business unit staff(office, field, administrative, and financial) within profit center or region,providing feedback to senior management on issues and concerns with a focus onemployee satisfaction and retention
- Advise profit center management on employment decisions, including hiring,disciplinary, and termination decisions, insuring adherence to company policyand compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Coordinate salary planning and compensation administration; provide guidance tosupervisors and managers regarding Turner's pay-for-performance philosophy.Review submissions by management and identify pay inequities and anomalies for resolution.
- Identify training needs within the business unit. Facilitate and/or providetraining to the workforce, including management training.
- Provide guidance on developing career paths and career developmentopportunities for employees.
- Manage the performance management process, provide constructive guidance andadvise senior management on issues of consistency and equity in the process anddecision making. Actively participate in the Senior Review program for theprofit center and/or region.
- Develop and establish programs to enhance employee retention and connectionwith supervisors, including but not limited to employee surveys, employee focusgroups, etc.
- Participate in establishing goals and making decisions for the regional HRdepartment. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continuousimprovement in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Promote company culture, values, and diversity andinclusion (D&I) across company. Active participant in anti-racismlearning, and advocate for equity and employee health and wellbeing.
- Working with Community Affairs Director, develop affirmative action plans forprofit centers; remain current with OFCCP regulations and maintain compliancewith all OFCCP regulations.
- Conduct investigations into matters such as allegations of harassment ordiscrimination.
- Serve as liaison with outside counsel on employment-related matters.
- Represent company with outside vendors and government agencies.
- Work with department heads and hiring managers to develop understanding of jobduties, responsibilities and business requirements.
- Review applications and perform preliminary screening of applicants to matchexperience with specific job-related requirements. Provide guidance to managerin making competitive offers and facilitate the entire offer and on-boardingcycle.
- May manage one or more HR Administrators and/or HR Generalists.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of progressive human resources experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all
levels within the organization. Should be a self-starter and have strong management and leadership skills, and be capable of managing projects and tasks successfully to completion. Must be highly accountable and able to manage and train subordinates within the organization. Must be flexible, willing to travel when required, and have excellent presentation skills. Construction experience is strongly preferred. PHR strongly preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances, and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the office. The noise in these work environments is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works on-site at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies and procedures and applicable law. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*May perform other duties as necessary or required.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor