We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions. Think big, create better
Are you a Senior Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. The Role
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of Telecoms design, supporting a dedicated Telecoms systems design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the telecoms systems elements of a complete project.
Being an experienced Senior Systems Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you. In a typical week you will:
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Preparation of safety critical Telecoms design, plans and technical details, including TSR’s, ensuring compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements.
- Preparation of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options
- Preparation of feasibility studies, outline project specifications and other written documents.
- Production of Telecoms layouts.
- Production of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Production checking of team’s work prior to independent check
- Independent checking of non-principles design
- Site visits and correlation surveys, inspection of equipment and condition monitoring
- Undertaking design office cover during commissioning works
- Delivery of work (personal workload and that of suppliers, designers and technicians under the Job Holder’s control) to programme, budget and specification
- Establishment of and review / update of internal design standards and / or processes to achieve a continuous improvement in quality and efficiency
- Contribution to long-term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices
- Training and development / mentoring of junior staff within the Section
- Planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Technical evaluation of tenders, estimating and bid writing including negotiating with clients and identifying clarifications, unique selling point, methodologies and risks
- Ensure that design is effectively produced using the CAD system in accordance with office procedures
- Updating of designs and records
- Client and third-party liaison
- Representing the company on technical matters
- Developing and mentoring junior staff
- HNC/HND or equivalent but relevant experience may be accepted in lieu
- IRSE Designer Licence
- Corporate Membership of the IRSE (desirable)
- Relevant experience in the design of Telecoms layouts, with a good knowledge of conventional technologies and the interface to processor-based systems.
- Successful experience in leading design teams or supervising junior engineers
- A good knowledge of rail industry practice and familiarity with railway standards is essential
- Experience with Operational Telecommunications, Station information and Security Systems (SISS) and SCADA Telecoms
- PTS trained
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
What else is better about working for Amey?
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.
Coaching And Mentoring