About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a French Speaking HR Officer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Assists with the administration of the day to day operations of the HR functions and duties. Carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruitment & staffing, training and development, career development, employee relations, performance monitoring, employee counselling and executive administration.
Contributes to the achievement of employee-oriented HR best practice and supports the ongoing development of a diverse and multi skilled workforce. Supports with the implementation of services, policies and programs and assists the project managers with HR issues.What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- Manage day to day administration issues to include pensions and benefits
- Participate in HR audits and risk assessments
- Mobilization and demobilization of staff
- Employee orientation, maintaining employee files and HR filing systems
- Advising on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions and/or redundancy packages with staff and representatives.
- Assisting with employee relations
- Manage disciplinary procedures & disputes
- Manage the annual appraisals process
- Recruiting, training and developing staff
Why work for us
- Degree in Human Resources Management or other related course
- Experience of global mobility best practice and working with an ex-patriate workforce
- Good relevant experience in HR
- Well-experienced in sourcing, interviewing and recruiting staff / construction workers
- CIPD highly recommended
- Ability to use common office equipment, computer equipment and software
- Management and leadership skills in a multicultural setting
- In-depth knowledgeable of UK labour and immigration Laws
- Flexible, willing to travel for recruiting events and have excellent presentation skills.
- Fluent in English is a must (business correspondence & verbal at all levels).
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.