About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a French Speaking HR Officer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Assists with the administration of the day to day operations of the HR functions and duties. Carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruitment & staffing, training and development, career development, employee relations, performance monitoring, employee counselling and executive administration.What you'll be doing
Contributes to the achievement of employee-oriented HR best practice and supports the ongoing development of a diverse and multi skilled workforce. Supports with the implementation of services, policies and programs and assists the project managers with HR issues.
Who we're looking for
- Manage day to day administration issues to include pensions and benefits
- Participate in HR audits and risk assessments
- Mobilization and demobilization of staff
- Employee orientation, maintaining employee files and HR filing systems
- Advising on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions and/or redundancy packages with staff and representatives.
- Assisting with employee relations
- Manage disciplinary procedures & disputes
- Manage the annual appraisals process
- Recruiting, training and developing staff
Why work for us
- Degree in Human Resources Management or other related course
- Experience of global mobility best practice and working with an ex-patriate workforce
- Good relevant experience in HR
- Well-experienced in sourcing, interviewing and recruiting staff / construction workers
- CIPD highly recommended
- Ability to use common office equipment, computer equipment and software
- Management and leadership skills in a multicultural setting
- In-depth knowledgeable of UK labour and immigration Laws
- Flexible, willing to travel for recruiting events and have excellent presentation skills.
- Fluent in English is a must (business correspondence & verbal at all levels).
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability. About us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.