Business Administration Apprentice - Level 3 – Thurnscoe
Closing date - applications are open until 4th July 2021, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Business Administration Apprentice in the Hire and Delivery of construction plant and equipment.
This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the
opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective,
efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the
Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 in Business Administration
within 18 months.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the
Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities,
plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find
the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement
activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here… There is also the
opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable
throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career
further within Balfour Beatty.
To assist the Plant Administration team with:
- Receive and evaluate requests from site personnel for goods and services via telephone, oracle and email
- Process damages/losses within the agreed SLA
- Manage failed collections
- Place orders/off hires for internal plant when available. Ordering/off hiring from external suppliers if we cannot supply with our own fleet first
- Manage all requests for breakdowns of both internal and external plant items and log them with the appropriate supplier/internal workshop and log on BMC
- Follow up on all breakdowns, on hires and off-hires with suppliers/internal worksops and customers to make sure that the request is fulfilled in the agreed SLA
- Ensure all purchase orders are placed accurately and are completed on time to the customer’s specification
- Resolve any invoice/order queries received via workflow, emails, excel spreadsheets
- To innovate ideas and new procedures on how to resolve any issues within the plant department
- To document all issues relating to the Plant Hire Desk and escalate it to the Plant Team Leader
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with all other members of the team including suppliers and customers
- General administration duties within Plant Team
- Assist with the recommendation to increase/decrease the hire fleet
- To take ownership of any given task and complete by agreed deadline
- Complete lost hire register daily on all internal plant failings
- Maximise the utilisation of the internal fleet by communicating with regional depots
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s or grades 9-4/ A*-C including Maths & English, or equivalent coupled with an interest in Business Administration.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved
in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact [ Email address blocked ]
Closing Date – applications are open until 19th June 2021, however we reserve the right to remove
adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and
candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the
business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a
corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract
more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200
click here to continue.-->
Coordinating With Others
General Certificate Of Secondary Education