Nashville MainProject Location(s):
Nashville, TN 37211 USAMinimum Years Experience:
No Degree/DiplomaJob Family:
Position Description: Responsible for performing tasks involving basic carpentry functions on jobsites as assigned.
Reports to: Foreman, Carpenter, Superintendent, and Trades Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Measuring, cutting, hammering, screwing, nailing, leveling, squaring, plumbing, prying and clamping wood, lumber, plywood and other materials employed in concrete forming and framing.
- Reviews jobsite needs with the superintendents and foreman
- Participate in the activities of subcontractors and suppliers
- Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skidsteer, excavator, compactors, and construction hoist
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying – Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer —minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Minimum six (6) months general construction industry experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures, foundations and framing.
- Ability to accurately measure lengths with ruler or tape.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, basic geometry, and their applications to carpentry.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including uses, repair, and maintenance associated with carpentry and woodworking.
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers.
- Valid driver’s license preferred