About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an MPV Fitter to join our Rail team to work in Horsham.
What you'll be doing
- Maintain and Repair MPV and modules in-line with Company Policies.
As an MPV Fitter you will:
Who we're looking for
- Ensure compliance with the Companys Policies and Procedures on SHEQ;
- Ensure that those under your charge and any 3rd parties are observing the Company and Depot Policies regarding SHEQ;
- Ensure regular communication between yourself and your line manager;
- Undertake the duties as directed by the Charge-hand;
- Maintain MPVs and Modules IAW the NWR issued Technical Publications;
- Maintenance and custody of all documentation;
- Be proficient in and carry out the fault finding and subsequent repair of mechanical and electrical systems;
- Be proficient in carrying out as required verbal and written reports on faults, repairs, maintenance, accidents and incidents;
- As part of a team develop initiatives to improve the quality, productivity, reliability and availability of MPVs and Modules;
- Receive training and professional development as required;
- Carry out any other Duties as directed by your Line Management.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Served a recognised engineering apprenticeship;
- Successfully completed Dual Trade skills competency assessment for Mechanical / Electrical systems;
- Knowledge of and experience in the Rail industry;
- Good resource management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Undertake road vehicle driving as required;
- Ability to work to Maintenance programme timescales/deadlines;
- Must meet and maintain the appropriate medical standard for the position;
- Knowledge of heath & safety legislation/risk management/COSHH awareness;
- PPPCs as required;
- Stores Knowledge.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Control Of Substances Hazardous To Health (Coshh)