Nashville MainProject Location(s):
Memphis, TN 38119 USAMinimum Years Experience:
No Degree/DiplomaJob Family:
Position Description: Responsible for carpentry and finishing related to concrete work
Reports to: Concrete Foreman, Superintendent, and Trades Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Possess strong carpentry skills for constructing and removing formwork for structural tilt up, and paving concrete. Formwork includes job-built forms and/or formwork systems, reveals, chamfers, pour stops.
- Establish grades/elevations using a builder’s level for concrete work
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Construct forms and chutes for placing concrete
- Construct protection systems
- Install blockouts and sleeves in elements being formed
- Possess strong abilities in concrete placing & finishing techniques for walls, column, slabs, and paving
- Be proficient in the use of finishing tools, such as vibrators, hand trowels, trowel machine, bull floats, hand floats, straightedges, edger, etc
- Setting and tying rebar as applicable
- Install metal embeds, bolts, and accessories to be cast into concrete
- Construct provisions for keyways and water proofing applications
- Mix bagged concrete for small placements per manufacturer instructions
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools to achieve the desired finish
- Willingness and ability to perform other carpentry and labor related duties for the company as they arise
- Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skidsteer, excavator, compactors, and construction hoist
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying – Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer —minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Candidates should have at least three (3) years of concrete experience.
- Be proficient in the use of carpentry tools such as such as circular saws, squares, tape measure, hammer, etc.
- Understand blueprints, sketches or building plans to determine dimensions and materials required for form, or framing, construction
- Knowledge of arithmetic, basic geometry, and their applications to carpentry.
- Ability to accommodate night and weekend work as needed.
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers.
- Valid driver’s license preferred