About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a GROUP BUYER - IT to join our Enabling Functions team to work in London.
The Group Buyer is responsible for managing various IT contracts across software, SaaS, hardware and services. Key responsibilities include sourcing, supplier relationship management, and development of the category plan in collaboration with the stakeholders and with the support of the Senior Buyer.What you'll be doing
As a GROUP BUYER - IT, you will have the following accountabilties:
Who we're looking for
- Manage and support the team with sourcing activities
- Implement a robust category plan written in collaboration and in line with the business strategy and the key stakeholders, considering the company sustainability objectives
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and key decision-makers in order to drive the category plan and ensure appropriate involvement and support from Procurement in all sourcing activities
- Negotiate agreements that leverage Balfour Beattys scale in the marketplace, allowing the business to self-serve from preferred suppliers with minimal input from Procurement
- Understand and be an SME for IT stakeholders on any new contractual event
- Implement robust Supplier Relationship Management processes, with metrics, governance, and actions in place for continuous improvement
- Develop, implement, communicate and monitor a comprehensive preferred supplier network feeding into the overall category plan and ensuring compliance within all SBUs
- Deliver clear communications for cascading news of relevant activities to all relevant staff
- Work alongside the Procurement Sustainability team to develop initiatives and drive the sustainability agenda
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Natural and articulate around senior management
- Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders
- Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed
- Influential skills essential for the role
- Personal drive, ownership and responsibility for their workload a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience within procurement, in particular sourcing (PQQ, RFI, RFP)
- CIPS qualified, studying towards or equivalent studies
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Autonomous with high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Team player
- Energy and drive to make positive changes in the procurement function
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.