About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a PC Temporary Works Coordinator to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Responsible for delivery of a coordinated and integrated temporary works design to meet project requirements.What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- Demonstrate the BBV behaviours.
- Deliver a fully integrated and coordinated Temporary Works (TW) design ready for construction to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for coordination of the TW design with the permanent works designer, TW designers (including design packages delivered by Parent Company and supply chain) and construction teams.
- Supporting the Principal Contractors Temporary Works Coordinator (PC TWC) in developing design briefs and identification of the requirements for temporary works.
- Checks and reviews of the temporary works designs and ensuring independent checks and reviews where necessary as agreed with the TW Manager. Resolution of all comments before Issue for Construction.
- Preparing basic (priority) temporary works designs
- Supervision and coordination of CAD and junior temporary works design resources.
- Support to the permanent works (PW) designer providing advice on buildability
- Definition of temporary conditions and loadings to the PW designer.
- Management of health and safety risk.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
Why work for us
- Qualified Civil Engineer or similar equivalent, with TW design experience
- Proven knowledge of Network Rail and Highways England technical standards and approval processes.
- Ability to design temporary works using European design codes and PAS 8812 together with a working knowledge BS5975 : 2019
- Good communication skills
- Depth of understanding of the construction environment for safe and buildable designs
- Highly organised with good management and coordination skills
- Ability to manage conflicting demands, assess priorities, proactively plan the works to ensure timely delivery of project requirements
- Disciplined approach to quality assurance and documentation. Attention to detail, ensuring legal compliance and satisfying project requirements.
- BBV behaviours, respecting equality and diversity
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability. About us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.
click here to continue.-->