About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a PORTFOLIO DIRECTOR to join our Regional team to work in Manchester.
What you'll be doing
- To provide and be responsible for strategic and operational leadership in the delivery of projects.
- The main focus of the role is the safe and managed delivery of projects taking account of all facets of projects delivery including stakeholder and customer relationships. The role will also support work winning and preconstruction activities. Building relationships the role requires the post holder to provide peer group leading customer service and to aid the identification and pursuit of work winning opportunities in line with the business strategy.
As the Portfolio Director, you will have the following accountabilties:
Who we're looking for
- To lead by example demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism in line with company strategy
- Oversee and lead project delivery team to ensure delivery to time, cost and quality targets and standards
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained
- Know what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety with passion and credibility, in order to inspire, motivate and lead the project team to achieve the vision
- Fostering a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements
- Ensure trade contractors are delivering the required standards of health and safety
- Ensure sustainability targets and standards are achieved
- Actively engaging with the trade contractors and production team deliver their key sustainability objectives
- Promoting Sustainable Solutions around all operations, particularly those related to efficient management of Waste, Energy and Water
- Leading effective Community Engagement Plans and Skills programmes where required with the production team
- Manage operational and production risk to achieve targets
- Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for the project
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Significant previous experience in the delivery of construction projects, particularly multiple schemes in parallel with involvement in precon, delivery and aftercare stages. In addition the role holder will be expected to develop and build upon existing strong customer relationships in the North West.
- The ability to communicate effectively is required in order to manage trade contractor relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Strong leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
- Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable. Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training are desirable.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Continuous Improvement Process