About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an I.T Field Engineer to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Derby
What you'll be doing
- To effectively and efficiently deliver IT Service of Field Engineering, working in conjunction with the service desk to receive work for completion. Field Engineers will recommend improvements, modifications to all Balfour Beatty IT Services that will improve operating effectiveness and efficiency, that have been discovered whilst delivering services on sites throughout the UK
- Ensuring customer experience and satisfaction of all Information Technology & Communication services provided by IT Field Engineering to the end user computing community within Balfour Beatty throughout the UK.
As an I.T Field Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Ensuring services provided comply with Backup and Disaster Recovery procedures;
- Delivering IT field engineering services at main office locations and accompanying senior engineers on site setups/decommissions and projects;
- Ensuring compliance with current IT documentation standards utilised within IT Services;
- Delivering services requested through Incident, Service Request, Change and IMAC processes within IT Service Desk;
- Deliver field engineering service within the change IT Services management process;
- Recommending to line manager potential service improvements, and technology which could enhance the delivery of service throughout the UK;
- Comply with all service delivery agreements and KPIs;
- Ensuring services delivered comply with defined service SLAs;
- Ensure areas which could potentially adversely affect the business are expediently highlighted to line management;
- Proactively resolve systems issues through adopting a flexible approach and creating innovative solutions which maintain an acceptable balance between risk, reward, and customer service;
- Proactively identify ways to improve service delivery and operational effectiveness on sites;
- Deliver the Balfour Beatty values when delivering services on behalf of IT Services;
- Assisting with the Mobilisation of IT on Project locations.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Desire to learn IT Infrastructure Domain knowledge including, Windows 7/10/ Office 365;
- An independent, self-starter;
- Interested in teamwork at the highest level, highly collaborative approach, among the first to volunteer to help others succeed;
- Strong customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations;
- Can learn new skills and knowledge, picks up on technical and business challenges quickly.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely onAbout us
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.