About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our Highways team to work in Billingham.What you'll be doing
To support project development and delivery. In conjunction with the Commercial Manager provides contractual and commercial advice to the project team.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Contract requirements related to Project are complied with in full
- Financial reporting related to Schemes is produced to the required standard and to the timetable as set from time to time.
- Subcontract procurement
- Subcontract administration:
- Timely instructions are issued to the supply chain with appropriate governance having been secured.
- The supply chain is paid in accordance with contractual arrangements.
- Supply chain variations are effectively managed.
- Early warnings and compensation events are produced in accordance with the requirements of the contract
- Risk Management
- Cashflow forecasting
- Ensure effective control of costs in all activity
- Weekly reporting
- Liaison within the team, with other teams and the supply chain.
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Relevant construction or business degree or equivalent
- Has attained or is planning to attain a relevant post-degree qualification
- Full driving licence
- Experience of civil engineering construction
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Experience in the highways sector.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.