Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
As Commercial Manager, you will work closely with your commercial line manager and operational colleagues to take ownership of the commercial administration, reporting and performance on a single large project or several smaller schemes.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Act as Project Commercial Lead in the administration of the contract.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors and key stakeholders.
- Produce Subcontract documentation including negotiation of terms and conditions, prices, and programme.
- Management of subcontract works packages including, interim assessments of the amount due and subsequent change management.
- Produce and issue all commercial notices, to both the Client and Subcontractors, as required by the form of contract.
- Manage change in a timely manner in accordance with the form of contract, including the production and submission of Compensation Event Quotations.
- Produce, submit, and agree monthly applications, to the Client, in accordance with the form of contract.
- Liaise with operational and engineering staff to ensure site records are kept to the standard required.
- Produce detailed monthly reports and Cost Value Reconciliation’s (CVR) as required by the business unit or project.
- Produce and maintain a detailed ‘Cost Plan’, tracking and forecasting expenditure, including detailed schedules of Subcontractor ‘liabilities’ and use of Oracle based cost analyses.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure accurate planning of expenditure.
- Interpret and critically evaluate expenditure reports produced by internal cost systems.
- Support the Project Manager and others to identify, quantify, and mitigate risks to cost and value.
- Attending weekly progress and risk reduction meetings with the client and subcontractors.
- Apply the principles of ‘Doing the right thing’ in maximising value and profit.
- Responsible for key decision relating to commercial matters alongside the senior operational team.
- Management of teams and the development of all commercial staff to ensure they reach their potential and support their wellbeing
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid track record for delivering major civils projects as a Commercial Manager and based in the North West then get in touch as I want to hear from you. You’ll need experience of working in the contracting environment with good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract and experience working with Highways England would be advantageous. If you are degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership) that would be preferred. If this sounds like you and you're ready to strive for exceptional levels of performance, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Commerical Manager role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley [ Link removed ]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community