“As Senior Estimator, you will to achieve targets and secure profitable work through competitive tendering of bids for projects and frameworks within our Infrastructure business”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
OUR ENVIRONMENT BUSINESS
Our Environment Business provides ‘source to sea’ asset delivery capability across the UK and Scotland working on both Frameworks and Standalone projects. Since AMP3 we have delivered in excess of £2bn assets for clients such as Yorkshire Water, United Utilities, Anglian Water, Thames Water, Southern Water, Welsh Water and Scottish Water. As an established player in the market this a great opportunity to join the team at a time of transformation as we shape ourselves to be fit for delivery in a future digital world. We have recently secured a place on the Yorkshire Water AMP7 Complex Civils Framework, a 5 year (plus 3 year possible extension) contract to deliver projects ranging in value from £5m-£15m. We are also in the process of negotiating long term extensions to existing frameworks with other key clients which will provide a solid platform for the business throughout AMP7.
As Senior Estimator, you will to achieve targets and secure profitable work through competitive tendering of bids for projects and frameworks within our Infrastructure business.
• Managing and preparing accurate tenders from first principals for medium & large civil engineering projects
• Developing tender win strategy
• Actively engage and develop long term relationships with key supply chain organisations
• Coordination with Business Unit Operations and Technical Specialists
• Interacting with the wider business including procurement and engineering to maximise offering
• Constructively challenging the tender team to achieve the optimum solutions
• Generating commercial strategies to maximise chances of winning the project at sustainable rates;
• Developing innovative approaches where appropriate to differentiate the bid;
• Lead the implementation of risk management processes
• Identify opportunities for margin growth
• Lead detailed tender presentations to the Galliford Try Infrastructure and Construction directors
• Prepare submission documents in line with the bid and corporate requirement
• Participate in post tender interviews, presentations and negotiations with customers and ensure successful handover to delivery teams following award
• Maintain a knowledge of alternative technical solutions with a view to resolving tender issues through innovation
• Maintain awareness of current health, safety and environmental requirements and changes
• Ensure Galliford Try work winning processes are effectively and consistently implemented
• Collate targeted feedback on successful projects and provide feedback for future tenders
• Establish and maintain data base of key relevant cost data
• Provide support to other members of the work winning team where appropriate
• Seek to drive continuous improvement in the Pre-Construction team and Estimating functions
• Form effective relationships with other team members with ability to lead with minimal direction
We are looking for passion and a commitment for delivering excellence. So if you’re an experienced civil engineering estimator with experience of pricing from first principals on design & build, build only and joint venture tenders then get in touch as I want to hear from you. Obviously you will have sound technical capabilities backed up by a relevant engineering qualification such as an HNC, HND or degree and knowledge of estimating software such as Candy or Conquest and the ability but we are looking for more than just that, we are looking for someone who can help us maintain our successful track record on tenders for complex civil engineering projects, so if this sounds like you be sure to get in touch.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Senior Estimators role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley [ Email address blocked ]
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Strategic Business Unit
Supply Chain Management