About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Rail team to work in Broxbourne.
What you'll be doing
- Leading team(s) delivering several projects in region. Maximising revenue through successful delivery & exceptional client relationships;
- Ensuring future contracting opportunities are secured to become the regions supplier of choice.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Approval and implementation of Project Quality Plans, Safety Plans, Work Package Plans, ITPs and Toolbox Talks;
- Identification of high risk works, implementing mitigation measures where appropriate;
- Deliver the contract safely, fostering a positive safety culture;
- Lead team to deliver world class safety performance average 1 close call every 300 person hours, 0 LTIR, 0 RIDDORs, 1 x PGI / Safety Tours per person per month;
- Lead by example to effectively support the company Safety Behavioural Programme including implementation of safety initiatives.
- Accountable for the safe delivery, execution and financial performance to agreed budget and / or approved forecasts;
- Ensure that systems and processes are implemented to meet Project requirements, including Quality Plans, Design Trackers and ITPs;
- Ensure that robust and accurate cost plans are produced and reported against on a weekly basis;
- Collaboration with other Regional Project Managers to ensure consistent, manageable work bank.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships by effective and timely communication and producing reports in a timely manner;
- Develop future contracting opportunities with Network Rail & feed into CRM.
- Ensure that Project Cash entitlement is applied for and recovered in accordance with the contract (before the last day of each month);
- Responsible for the Operational and Commercial success of allocated projects, ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with legal, client and company requirements, policies and instructions;
- Exceed tender margin.
- Attendance on Regional pulse / PDR calls;
- Timely submission of internal and external reports; such as Clients Monthly Project Progress, Weekly Pulse, Stage Gate 6 reports;
- Ensure that site records are produced and adequacy of which reviewed on a monthly basis, to include site diaries, plant, labour, material returns and change records as minimum;
- Produce and maintain Project Risk logs (iRIS) identifying mitigation measures to minimise potential impact;
- Ensure that approved Contract Programmes are in place prior to commencement of works and progress monitored on a regular basis;
- Ensure compliance to the mandated Stage Gate Process updated on the Digital Briefcase;
- Proactively support the audit and compliance programme, and timely completion of issues arising;
- Ensure that monthly project audits are completed to measure compliance to Group Minimum Operational Standards, and action plan implemented to address findings in a timely manner.
Who we're looking for
- Effective management of our Subcontractors and Suppliers ensuring compliance to all contractual and safety requirements;
- Ensuring weekly reports are submitted to the central Procurement function;
- Maintain an updated Procurement Register.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
Why work for us
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in Rail Construction techniques and processes specifically in Civils. Experience of other Rail Systems disciplines such as Track, Signalling, Electrification & Traction is desirable but not essential;
- Proven experience in delivering Civils schemes;
- Personal Track Safety;
- 5 day CITB Site Safety Management Training;
- IT skills essential word, excel and power point, email and internet;
- Excellent communication & people skills developing & managing the relationship with the client is a key element to this contract;
- Represent BB in a professional manner, ensuring that own behaviour and behaviour of others is consistent and aligned to the Corporate Values;
- Ability to work under pressure, remaining focused and professional;
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Work collaboratively and effectively with others to achieve aligned outcomes.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.