About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Birmingham.
To lead the delivery of site temporary services installation, maintenance and progressive decommissioning across the MMUH construction site in Birmingham being delivered by a team of direct BBK operatives and specialist subcontractors. Works shall include the survey, site set up, ongoing maintenance and strip out of site temporary services (electrical, fire and water) across the Balfour Beatty site liaising with the Project Delivery Team to ensure the safe and timely execution of the works. A key aspect of this role is the provision of accurate and timely records to assist in the commercial management of the project and these shall be delivered via the BIM 360 field platform.What you'll be doing
As a Project Engineer, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Ensure that site temporaries are consistently delivered to programme, budget, safety and quality expectations/standards
- Allocate and then monitor the labour across the site, working with the Project Managers to ensure business need is prioritised
- Assist Project Controls Manager with developing detailed schedules for all MEP site temporaries installation activities, including cost and resource loading across all projects in the sector
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed
- Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with all operational team
- Ensure packages comply with good design practice and relevant technical group standards
- Ensure that the package is executed with minimum rework
- Ensure accurate and complete records are kept and logged in BIM 360 field
- Ensure that plant, access, labour and materials are planned and organised in accordance with appropriate interfaces for the associated works, this should include any procurement activity relevant to a particular package
- Ensure the relevant temporary works design is in place and fit for purpose prior to works commence
- Concisely produce/review the WPP and ITP for a particular activity ensuring that it is site and works specific
- Identifying risks to the Project Management team associated with the delivery of the works raising EWNs as appropriate
- Support the QA function by completing various tours and quality check-sheets for the relevant package of works on BIM 360 Field as applicable
- Manage time and complete daily diaries on BIM 360 Field
- Implementation of Short Interval Control including running of daily section review meeting and production of a weekly section report via MS Forms
- Complete safety observation card; target 1 per week, recorded on BB APP
- Complete safety tour; target 1 per month, recorded on BIM 360 Field
- Ensure project change is captured in conjunction with the relevant QS
- Engage and support other interfacing functions
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- Extensive experience in Construction/MEP Coordination
- Good understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and high / low-voltage systems
- General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of project
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Experienced dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.