About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team based on site in Wokingham.
You will be working on a GBP57 million highways project which involves an extension to the A40 with improvement works to the footway/cycleway and new junctions to improve access to the dual carriageway. This is a SCAPE framework project for Oxfordshire County Council.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with experience of civil engineering projects who is ideally chartered or in the final stages of achieving professional membership of the RICS, ICES or CIOB.What you'll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Has a good knowledge of and adheres to the Companys GMCEs, BMS and other governance.
Analytical Thinking & Decision Making:
- Orders information and systematically checks data.
- Measure, record & value work unsupervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures.
- Measure & interpret specifications & drawings;
- Build up estimates from first principle including net and gross estimates;
- Translate measurement from drawings and Specifications and prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of rates Planning;
- Review weekly, monthly, section programmes of works;
- Plan commercial activities to meet requirements of section programmes;
- Have an understanding of delay and disruption programmes.
- Use the companys ERP System;
- Collation of Cost and Value Information;
- Preparation of Cost reconciliation statements.
- Collect information required to specify procurement requirements
- Record and document information including registration of interest
- Understand the steps / documentation required
- Undertakes customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility;
- Collation of cost and value information;
- Measurement of works and agreements with subcontractors.
Development, Recruitment and Retention:
Who we're looking for
- Maintain a Personal Development Plan;
- Supports the development of others;
- Working towards professional membership from the RICS, ICES or CIOB.
The following qualifications are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent.
- Exposure to civil engineering projects
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Experience of working on a similar sized highways project
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.