About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Community Engagement Manager to join our team to work in Birmingham.
As a key member of the Stakeholder Management team, you will work with the joint venture team and other key stakeholders to create, plan, deliver and measure effective Community Engagement that drives value and protects and enhances the reputation for the HS2 Project, the Balfour Beatty VINCI joint venture and parent companies.What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- Take a leading role in the creation and delivery of the HS2 Projects Community Engagement Strategy and Community Commitments articulated via project wide and sublot or activity specific engagement plans.
- Develop, manage and maintain key client and Community relationships throughout the Projects lifecycle. This will involve analysis, planning and responding to needs, identification of requirements and emerging demands.
- Contribute to the creation of route wide Community Liaison, Investment and Survey plans.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders acting as an adviser on strategic communications matters
- Support a one team culture and the delivery of project and communications KPIs
- Take a lead in the preparation, recording and distribution of communication and community engagement materials for internal and external use.
- Managing, coordinating and responding to customer contacts, enquiries and complaints.
- Apply a full range of communication and engagement media to ensure that the full spectrum of communities are engaged with.
- Working closely with the project team to, identify potential issues and risks along with suitable mitigations
- Development, coordination, preparation, delivery and attendance at events such as public, meetings, exhibitions, work site specific community engagement activities, advance works notices and community information bulletins.
- Develop and maintain an effective site visit programme, identifying opportunities to showcase expertise and build rapport with the local community
- Excellent communication and written kills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Community relations and stakeholder management experience
- Team player with ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage, engage and develop direct reports
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
Why work for us
- Experience of working on large building/civil engineering infrastructure projects and/or the construction industry
- Experience of communicating and engaging with communities around construction activities.
- Member of CIPR and relevant qualification
- CSCS card
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment in construction/rail/utility industries.
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability. About us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.