Miami MainProject Location(s):
Miami, FL 33122 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Job Title: Superintendent
• Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
• Oversee work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
• Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
• Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, and/or Interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
• Create schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
• Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
• Manage the billing process as it relates to Work In Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
• Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEREQUIREMENT: Requires aBachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Related Field and 2 years ofexperience in the Related Occupation of Field Engineer or AssistantSuperintendent performing the job duties listed in the Related Occupation.
Field Engineer,Assistant Superintendent or any other job title performing the following jobduties:
1. Assist in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with company safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
2. Assist in the preparation of Daily Construction Reports (DCR’s).
3. Review contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
4.Assist in the preparation of project as-builts.
5.Determine sequences of work and developing schedules to maintain project timelines;
6.Assist with the development and implementation of recovery strategies to maintain project schedules, when necessary;
7.Review and ensure adherence to contracts, subcontractor documents, specifications, shop drawings, schedules, labor agreements and local codes;
8.Process subcontractor change orders;
9.Analyze milestones to maintain up-to-date schedules for all subcontractors on site; and
10.Coordinate delivery dates and work changes so as not to negatively impact project schedules.
JOB TIME: FullTime
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor