Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we would like a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Galliford Try Building Southern is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their team working on a variety of schemes around the Kent region.
The Project/Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the management and control of the project to ensure the safe completion, in accordance with programme, specification and budget.
- Managing and maintaining the highest standards of safety
- Contributing to the value engineering and buildability of the project
- Agreement of programmes and methods of construction with Planners and other appropriate production personnel
- Marshalling of resources for the overall control and execution of the works including the selection of sub-contractors to carry out the works
- Ensuring that key dates, resource requirements, production rates, overhead targets etc., are established, monitored, and controlled
- Running ECI projects
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Cost Control
- Establishing and maintaining commercial and financial control systems, procedures and standards which will meet the contractual requirements of the project
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will ideally have experience of working within the Construction industry, specifically on Design and Build, commercial and high-rise/multi-storey projects.
- You will have experience of working in the Education and Healthcare arena.
- You will hold a professional qualification HNC, ONC or equivalent.
- You will hold an appropriate CSCS card
- A proven track of success of delivering projects up to £30m in value
- 5 day SMSTS
- You will have experience of working for a main contractor
- Good communication verbally and in written form
- Hold current first aid certification
- Present a clean and tidy site and have a good understanding of the considerate contractor’s requirements to achieve high scores
- Good understanding and implementation of GT BMS paperwork processes
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we are poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry’s leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments, and Integrated Solutions.
The Building Division works across health, education, defense and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Our extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables us to understand our clients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid experience delivering education schemes, from pre-con through the on-site delivery as a PM/SPM then get in touch as we want to hear from you. Obviously, you’ll have the usual good stuff such as an HNC or degree in construction and valid CSCS, but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to work safely, motivate and manage site teams site as well as strive for exceptional levels of performance.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community