Skanska is searching for a highly experienced Project Executive with extensive OSHPD experience. The Project Executive develops and implements a plan to deliver the required project and services in the most effective and efficient manner possible, with the support of the project teams and input from external stakeholders. This position is responsible for managing all Company contact with new and existing clients. The Project Executive may oversee a single large project or multiple projects. This position is responsible for generating business, negotiating contracts, estimating, bidding, profit/loss of assigned projects, and supervision of project management staff.
What You'll Do:
We're Looking For:
- Coordinate efficient assignment of staff among projects with Account Manager and oversee management of on-site staff;
- Assist Business Development/Marketing in the sales process for new and existing clients, including presentations and proposals;
- Enhance good relationships with clients, designers, consultants and internal Skanska clients;
- Confer with Account Manager and project management to identify client expectations and to develop related project strategies;
- Lead project team in development of Project Execution Plan;
- Assist in overseeing cost control and change management systems;
- Oversee execution and updates of initial master schedule;
- Oversee preparation of reports regarding financial performance of the project, including PSRs, PFCs and CI reports;
- Review monthly owner project status reports, as required;
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award;
- Coordinate development and maintenance of site logistics plan with Project Manager and Superintendent;
- Assist in overseeing project close-out;
- Approve Subcontractor/Vendor Bid Lists/Bid Packages and Awards with project management;
- Authorize reimbursable travel/expenses and non-reimbursable travel/expenses up to $1,000 as required;
- Conduct quality inspections;
- Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
- Develop skills and mentor project management employees, including conducting employee evaluations per Skanska’s guidelines, as required.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft office products;
- Advanced knowledge of industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge of financial operations;
- Excellent management skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Exhibits excellent leadership qualities;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to delegate work appropriately;
- Excellent decision-making/problem-solving skills;
Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent;
15+ years extensive experience in management of construction operating units.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and development companies. In the U.S., Skanska’s core operations include building construction, civil infrastructure and developing self-financed commercial properties, which together generated $8 billion in revenue in 2018. As a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has offices in 28 metro areas with 9,000 employees nationwide. Skanska is an industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution, and offers competitive solutions for both traditional and complex assignments to help build a more sustainable future for our customers and communities. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled approximately $20 billion in 2018.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2019 by Forbes.
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.