About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor (5 months FTC) to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Manchester.
To keep the communities safe, informed and engaged and in doing so protect the brand of both Balfour Beatty and Cadent. To inform and engage with key stakeholders both internal and external and to prevent unwanted customer contacts by proactive engagement.What you'll be doing
As a Customer Service Advisor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Receive inbound calls from customers logging complaints or enquires
- Capture complaint or enquiry details and enter into the business systems
- Close compliant if possible on first contact by utilising system information, outbound calls to relevant members of the team for assistance
- Allocate complaint or enquiry to relevant site management/owner
- Maintain business systems with updates documenting all contacts, communication from internal and external contacts sources for each complaint or enquiry
- Proactively make GSOP Payments for service failures
- Process payments for gestures of goodwill
- Provide suggestions for the resolution of complaints and enquiries upon
- Achieve excellent standards of customer service and satisfaction through effective personal customer relations skills
- Maintain a call abandonment rate in line with departmental KPIs
- Ensure closure of complaints and enquires in line with departmental KPIs
- Build and sustain good working relationships with other departments
- Ensure full compliance with all GSOP payment processes
- Achieve desired performance levels for first call resolutions
- Focus on first call resolutions to maximise the opportunity of success with call handling KPIs
- Escalate all complaints and enquires within the agreed departmental timescales
- Maintain information integrity within business systems ensuring accurate and timely administration
- Support the delivery of 8.6 CSAT for communication through successful closure of complaints and enquires
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing
- Flexible approach to work and is a team player with a track record of successfully prioritising work and managing time effectively
- Excellent organisational skills
- Records information accurately
- Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Experience with the coordination of a team people
- Proficient in use of the majority of MS Office applications
- GCSE A-C in Maths and English (Language or Literature) or equivalent
- Working towards, or prepared to work towards, relevant professional qualifications
- General Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Computer PC Literacy, Rockwell / Enterprise / Total view, - Intermediate
- Advanced communications skill
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beattys Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
General Certificate Of Secondary Education