We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions. Think big, create better
Are you an Assistant Telecoms Engineer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. The Role
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Telecoms Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake Telecoms design, working within a Telecoms engineering team. In addition, they will manage elements of a Telecoms project.
As an Assistant Telecoms Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions. In a typical week you will:
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Carry out site surveys and providing appropriate reporting
- Carry out design and assessment work for electrical power/telecoms elements of projects with minimal supervision
- Keep up to date with current FTN, NR, RSSB and British standards relevant Telecoms design
- Prepare design and assessment reports
- Producing design drawings using CAD / MicroStation
- Produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians
- Support the design team during design submissions
- Support the discipline CRE during design submissions
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
- Some academic/previous working experience background in Telecoms is desirable.
- Associate or student member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Full UK driving licence (not essential)
- Good level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficient in the use of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Competent with using design software (e.g. CAD, Visio, etc.)
- Good team player
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
What else is better about working for Amey?
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.
Computer Aided Design