Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
As part of the company’s ongoing commitment to ensuring industry leading standards of health, safety and environment, Galliford Try are looking to appoint a Health, Safety & Sustainability Lead Advisor to support the business with projects across the London and South East region. The office location of the role is in Uxbridge, can be flexible, but would require reasonable travel across this region to accommodate multiple projects within the GallifordTry Business and to the Uxbridge office.
The ideal applicant should have practical experience of acting as a full time health, safety and sustainability advisor in the construction/new-build, civil engineering environments (utilities or street works). Your duties will include:
- Advise sites on Project-specific health, safety and environment issues
- Actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to plans aimed at reducing the occurrence of incidents
- Ensure that site teams are proactive, up to date and comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, best practice and Company standards
- Undertake monitoring of the health, safety and the environment processes
- Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish the root cause and preventative measures
- Develop and maintain a ‘continuous improvement’ ethos in the approach to health, safety and environmental issues and support the Groups Behavioural Safety Program
- Ensure site based management are focused on delivering a safe and healthy working environment
- Support the Business Unite and Operation Management teams in all aspects of health, safety and the environment performance and management,
- Assist the Systems Manager with knowledge base management and research
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience in the construction/engineering industry
- Full clean driving licence
- NEBOSH/general construction certificate or equivalent health & safety qualification
- Safety Diploma or NVQ5 Highly Desirable
- Relevant CSCS card
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- IOSH qualification
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industries leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
The Building Division works across health, education, defense and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Our extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables us to understand our clients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Hardworking And Dedicated