About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team based on site in Wokingham.
You will be working on a GBP57 million highways project which involves an extension to the A40 with improvement works to the footway/cycleway and new junctions to improve access to the dual carriageway. This is a SCAPE framework project for Oxfordshire County Council.
We are looking for a Senior QS with experience of large civil engineering projects. You will be a Chartered Member of the RICS, ICES or CIOB and have experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff. What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Has a good knowledge of and adheres to the Companys GMCEs, BMS and other governance
- Maximises digital opportunities
- Prepares Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents
- Critically appraises, estimates and negotiates the above with 3rd parties
- Reviews complex contract programmes such as Time-Location,
- Assists with the preparation of delay and disruption programmes
- Monitors subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately
- Manages commercial aspects with Customer and Stakeholders for their area of responsibility
- Undertakes constructability analyses using construction programmes
- Prepares procurement programme and helps develop the strategy
- Undertakes customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility
- Prepares, submits and negotiates claims when required
- Prepares Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation
- Manages HR/People aspects for direct and indirect reports (PDRs etc)
- Actively supports the development of others incl professional mentoring
- Supports recruitment of lower grades
The following qualifications are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB
- Experience of civil engineering projects
- Teamwork / Role Model
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Experience of working on a similar sized highways project
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Coaching And Mentoring