About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an OPERATIONS DIRECTOR to join our Regional team to work in Langley.
Responsible for Project Operations across the Regional business. Ensuring delivery of projects to meet or exceed targets and expectations and projects are delivered in the right way using Balfour Beatty standard processes.What you'll be doing
As an OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Participate in the development and production of budgets and reforecasts working with MD and Commercial Director;
- Lead a group of project directors to deliver projects safely and to time, cost, quality and sustainability targets, meeting customer needs and expectations;
- Deliver financial performance of those projects under management including appropriate risk management to ensure that financial targets and objectives are met or exceeded;
- Quantify all project risk to ensure that accurate information is provided to MD, Regional and business stream management and to enable management of any risk within agreed and acceptable boundaries;
- Appreciate and understand the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these within decision making working closely with the operational team Commercial Manager;
- Manage the performance and success of customer relationships to ensure customer expectations are managed and achieved in order to retain customers;
- Participate in work winning providing operational support to the work winning team to ensure that appropriate cognisance is taken of all safety, operational and logistical issues in compiling tender proposals;
- Provide support to the proposals team in ensuring that operational components of submissions are produced effectively and reflect the requirements of the project under consideration;
- Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent and high calibre Project Directors ensuring that resource requirements are clearly articulated;
Live the Balfour Beatty Values (Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe, Sustainable);
Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- This is a position for an individual with significant previous experience of operational delivery in a leadership role within major civils engineering and infrastructure;
- The individual must have a proven track record of delivering and managing a P&L for a portfolio of civils projects (between 250m - 400m in revenue) and complex nature;
- The ability to lead effectively in work winning is required, in addition to the business and strategic acumen needed to manage performance and ensure success;
- The individual will be capable of managing senior individuals across multiple disciplines and have extensive, demonstrable people management experience and a clear understanding of the people implications and people agenda on the success of the business.
Financial awareness is required to achieve financial targets and manage risk and opportunity. The individual should have confidence in their ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets.Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.