About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Regional team to work in either Grangemouth or Inverness.
What you'll be doing
- To undertake Site Engineering control, setting out and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress.
As a Site Engineer you will:
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Health Safety & Environmental:
- Be alert to the Health & Safety of self and those within working area;
- Intervene if anything seems unsafe;
- Intervene if anything has or could affect the environment.
- Setting out from primary control provided by others;
- The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed;
- Maintain survey equipment including registers of equipment and testing regimes;
- Read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification.
- Proactive use of independent checks, checklists and inspections (including electronic systems such as BIM Field);
- Maintaining accurate records Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions.
Who we're looking for
- Measures actual materials used and reconciles with theoretical measure, reporting and investigating reasons for differences;
- Works to Weekly Programme (drafted by others) and marks up progress achieved weekly;
- Contributes to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately;
- Through time capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
- Holds a current driving license;
- Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Health Safety & Environmental:
- Health & Safety awareness;
- Environmental awareness.
- Setting out techniques ability to use level & EDM, plus GPS;
- Able to report issues with control and information provided;
- Reads and understands drawings and schedules;
- Understands Activity Control Plans and production of resultant information for handover file;
- Strong understanding of construction tolerances;
- Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents;
- Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works.
- Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Knowledge of the construction process in one or more of the following areas: Earthworks/Drainage, Pavement, Structures, Roadworks;
- Leadership skills developing;
- Proficient in use of CAD;
- Targeting and actively progressing professional accreditation (eg ICE, IHT).
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.