The Senior Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Senior Superintendent directly supervises field labor force, including laborers/craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force;
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract;
- Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager;
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer;
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
- Conduct quality inspections;
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts;
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
- Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates;
- Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports;
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
We’re Looking For:
- • Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of Prolog;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Good math/accounting skills;
- Strong management skills;
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Delegates work appropriately;
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- College education desired;
- OSHA certification;
- First Aid/CPR certification;
- 8+ years of industry experience;
- Life Science experience required.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Skanska’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and development companies. In the U.S., Skanska’s core operations include building construction, civil infrastructure and developing self-financed commercial properties, which together generated $8 billion in revenue in 2018. As a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has offices in 28 metro areas with 9,000 employees nationwide. Skanska is an industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution, and offers competitive solutions for both traditional and complex assignments to help build a more sustainable future for our customers and communities. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled approximately $20 billion in 2018.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2019 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Complex Problem Solving