Halethorpe, MD 21227 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
The HR Manager is responsible for the full employment life cycle of Human Resources functions includingbut not limited to recruiting, employeerelations, talent management, training, and benefits workingwith managers and employees within one ormore business units.
EssentialDuties & Key Responsibilities:
- Promote company culture, values, anddiversity and inclusion (D&I) across company. Active participation inanti-racism learning, and advocate for equity and employee health andwellbeing.
- Serveas trusted advisor and build partnerships with local management and employeesto provide guidance andcommunicate and interpret Human Resources (HR) and company policies,procedures, and local, state and federal government laws and regulations.
- Participatein defining goals and decisions for regional HR department. Recommend newapproaches, policies, and procedures for continuous improvement and efficiencyof department and services.
- Deliver an extraordinary employeeexperience by fostering trusting environment where employees can openly engagewith HR. Connect in-person with employees regularly ‘where they work’, advocateand provide guidance to Business Unit (BU) leadership on people-related needs and concerns.
- Deliver timely performance feedback for BUHR team and execute/contribute to performance appraisals during annualperformance cycle, utilizing talent management systems.
- LeadTalent Acquisition plans for BU including recruitment and onboarding of campusrecruits and experienced hires, internal mobility, and all associated processes,in collaboration with Headquarters Talent Management team as applicable.
- Overseerecruitment efforts to effectively and efficiently source and select applicants;
- Workwith department heads and hiring managers to understand employee job duties andbusiness requirements to develop a sourcing and recruitment strategy;
- Reviewjob applications and perform preliminary screening of applicants and candidates;
- Serveas first point of contact for BU relocations/transfers; including initiatingvendor estimates, arrange temporary housing, connect with community resources,etc.
- Provideguidance to hiring manager for executing competitive offers; facilitate andsupport new hire from offer process through onboarding and acclimation intobusiness unit.
- Participatein and execute actions from all BU Availability & Needs staffingmeetings/discussions.
- ManageTalent Management processes and tools to provide constructive guidance tomanagement on decisions related to issues of consistency, equity, diversity, andemployee development.
- Organizeand participate in local succession planning meetings.
- Evaluateand execute employment decisions related to hiring, discipline, andterminations. Ensure adherence to company policies and compliance with relevantfederal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Serveas primary point of contact for employee relations issues and concerns that impact employee satisfaction, workenvironment, and retention; work in collaboration with HR Director on complexmatters.
- Underthe direction of the HRD and/or legal counsel, conduct investigations inaccordance with HR protocols and engage with company legal counsel onemployment related matters as required.
- Implement lean concepts and practices toeffect work productivity, enhance programs, coordinate and reduce waste, andmake recommendations for improvement and proactive interventions (e.g. PersonalKanban, A3 problem solving, Value Stream Mapping and Story boarding).
- Participatein salary planning and compensation administration; provide direction andguidance to BU supervisors and managers regarding Turner’s pay-for-performancephilosophy. Review and confirm management submissions for accuracy.
- Facilitatetraining opportunities for employee development based on needs identifiedthrough performance processes.
- Manageboth local, headquarters communications to BU employees, and assist in planningBU meetings (town hall, all staff, etc.).
- Conductanalysis, distribute employee survey results to management, and facilitateemployee focus groups.
- Proactive analysis and interpretationof various metrics (hiring, employee relations, turnover) to understand trendsto be proactive for decision support and interventions.
- DevelopAffirmative Action Plans for BU and collaborate with Community &Citizenship Director to ensure completion and timely submission.
- Leadefforts in BU to remain current and compliant with OFCCP regulations.
- Collaborate with Employee Resources Group (ERG)leaders to implement D&I programs toposition employees for success and career advancement.
- Leadimplementation and administration of company and BU specific employee awardprograms.
- Other activities, duties,and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited degreeprogram and minimum of 8 years of progressive Human Resources experience, orequivalent combination of education and experience, and3 years of experience at HR Manager level required
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)certification or Senior Professional Certification (SHRM SPC), preferred
- Constructionor construction-related industries or experience in large-size (10,000+ employees) organization,preferred
- Good understanding of business andconstruction operations
- Excellent interpersonal and presentationskills; communicate effectively at all levels within organization
- Self-starter with advanced human resourcessystems and project management skills.
- Supervisory experience and managementskills.
- Displayintellectual curiosity, lifelong learner
- Familiar with lean culture and concepts, continuousimprovement principles, methods, and tools
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Outlook, and humanresources related applications
- Regular travel
While performing the duties of this job,the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, orfeel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly isrequired to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required tostand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequentlyuses computer keyboard, regularly travels both short and long distances via avariety of conveyances, and occasionally performs work on-site at constructionwork sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds andoccasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently.
While performing the duties of this job,the employee works in the office. Thenoise in these work environments is usually quiet to moderate in an officesetting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionallyworks on-site at construction work sites where the employee is exposed tomoving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles;outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in thesework environments is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to workin compliance with company safety policies and procedures and applicable law.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of thosean employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individualswith Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor