About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Pumping Station Technical Manager to join our Specialist Services team based in Birmingham.What you'll be doing
The Pumping Station Technical Manager is responsible for all the technical aspects of a safe, timely and within budget delivery of the pumping stations (12 off).
Who we're looking for
- Delivery plan for the design of the pumping stations,
- Delivery plan for the test and commissioning of the pumping stations,
- Technical documents required to procure the main equipment and to subcontract the Civil, MEP and Control Systems,
- As-built documentation and other documents necessary for the hand-over.
- Progress reports for the design development of the pumping stations,
- Monthly programme update of the design development.
- Manage his/her department,
- Ensure the safety in design is deployed,
- Management of the design subcontractors or monitoring of the development of the design by BBV (whichever is applicable),
- Monitor the performance and progress of the delivery of the design of the pumping station,
- Ensure that the design is on time and compliant,
- Support the construction team,
- Plan and deliver the Test and Commissioning activities,
- Liaise with nominated interfaces.
Why work for us
- Engineering Degree holder
- Extensive experience in the construction industry
- Experience of delivering multi-discipline turn-key projects
- Experience of at least 1 project comparable in size and complexity
- Proven experience in managing Civil, MEP and Control System subcontractors
- Experience in railway transport systems engineering is recommended
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Fluent in English
- Thorough knowledge of delivering multi-discipline turn-key projects,
- Ability to self-motivate,
- Excellent communication skills.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.