BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH DREES HOMES!
Construction Superintendent - Builder Position
Drees Homes is seeking candidates for a Builder position in the Columbus, IN area.
The objective of this position is to be responsible for the successful completion of all work in assigned areas as it relates to cost control, scheduling, quality control, customer satisfaction, safety, and general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete weekly customer calls and track communication
- Comply with construction specifications and standards
- Utilize internal scheduling system to ensure timely completion of homes
- Responsible for a quality building process and product
- Perform formal quality inspections
- Take an active part in subdivision and model maintenance
- Comply with OSHA regulations and other safety requirements
- Answer customer questions about the building process
- Set and maintain high standards of performance by subcontractors and suppliers
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven supervisory skills and cost control experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast track environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to hold subcontractors accountable for their work
- Excellent customer service capabilities with a strong work ethic
- Willing to manage operations in multiple community locations
- Must be accountable and self-disciplined
- A self-motivated individual with a high energy level as well as a positive attitude
- Verbal and written communication proficiencies with internal and external customers
- Basic computer skills, experience using an iPad preferred
- 2 or 4 year college degree in construction or related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing residential operations in all phases of the construction process
- Experience with high volume production builder nice to have
- Must reside within a 15 mile radius of Columbus, IN
The schedule of this position will be Monday Friday 8 AM to 5 PM, plus additional hours as necessary.
Excellent salary, bonus potential, plus a comprehensive benefit package including profit sharing & 401(k) plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Work Place
To learn more about Drees Homes, please visit our website <web address removed>.