Are you looking for an Assistant Site Manager position in Kent?
Location: Dartford, Kent
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: March 2017
Duration: 6 months approx.
Randstad CPE contact: David Poole (Maidstone branch)
The company brief:
One of the UK's largest specialist new build care home contractors, who work across most country, with project values ranging from £1 million - £20 million. Because their projects pop up all over the country their management team usually bring in a local freelancer part way through the project to assist with finishing off units.
This project will deliver around 50 units of extra care and assisted living dwellings. The completed project will provide suitable accommodation, communal areas, parking and landscaping for elderly residents.
Your new role:
As a Freelance Assistant Site Manager you will be working as part of an existing management team and be reporting to a site based Project Manager. You will be key in contributing to the safe & on time delivery of a complex, exciting project in Dartford and your role will involve:
- Managing a host of internal and external works subcontractors.
- Carrying out inductions, checking contractors RAMs and carrying out H&S site inspections.
- Maintaining site diaries and records.
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings.
- Ensuring works being carried out meet specification and the correct quality is achieved.
- Checking trades work for defects, providing a snagging list and de-snagging
- Providing an on site presence to assist subcontractors with issues
- Previous experience working as an Assistant Site Manager, Working Foreman or Finishing Forman
- Excellent eye for detail and desire to hand over a perfect unit
- Strong communication skills and the ability to get the best out of people
- Good level of IT literacy.
- Proven track record with providing support and assistance whilst under pressure
- Highly motivated and committed to the highest standards.
- Focused on progress.
- Be able to prioritise between being in the office and monitoring operations out on site.
- Hold the CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid accreditations.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
For further information please contact David Poole at Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.