My client are a national contractor who are currently recruiting for a permanent site engineer to join their existing team due to expansion.
You will provide engineering support on a variety of national projects including commercial and industrial projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Review risk assessments and method statements.
- Check drawings, specifications and quantities and raise any queries in regards to the construction
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Plan and programme the work and organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Manage the interface between conflicting trades and programme.
- Liaise with any consultants, clients and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Ensure work is delivered in accordance with the specification.
- Keep an accurate Site Diary.
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player).
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Take part in and deliver a Safety Culture with the entire site team.
- Other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
- Undertake Surveying and setting out duties. (If required)
The successful engineer will have:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working on industrial and commercial projects,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of managing subcontractor trades
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Health & Safety Induction
- CSCS Card
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return my client are offering a competitive negotiable salary and package. For further information please contact <phone number removed>