About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Ground Engineering team to work in Basingstoke.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure that the commercial performance of projects is monitored and reported, and business objectives are achieved.
- Protect BBMP's commercial position at all times, including evaluation, avoidance and / or mitigation of any potential commercial risks on projects and for the Ground Engineering business generally.
- Forecast and monitor all project performance
- Represent the company in contract negotiations and meetings, ensuring that favourable terms and outcomes are obtained.
- Maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders, and be a key member of the management team.
Who we're looking for
- Have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB or ICE.
- Hold a valid CSCS card.
- Have recent management/leadership development experience.
- Have significant commercial and management experience within the construction and piling industry.
- Have strong understanding of technical piling issues
- Have proven senior manager level experience with a piling contractor managing multi-site activity
- Have a proven track record of depth of experience in given field of commercial management.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 11th February 2017