About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Major Projects team to work in Basingstoke.
What you'll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
Who we're looking for
- Have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB or ICE.
- Hold a valid CSCS card.
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 11th February 2017
Similar Job Searches
- Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor in Basingstoke
- Quantity Surveyor in Hampshire
- Quantity Surveyor in South East
- Quantity Surveyor in England, United Kingdom
- Construction jobs in Basingstoke
- Construction jobs in Hampshire
- Construction jobs in South East
- Construction jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Airport Construction Project
- Substation Jobs
- Infrastructure Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor Construction